Critical Reflection

 Module Learning:


At the beginning of the module I tasked myself to achieve the goal of becoming a better communicator and to effectively improve the usage of my words. Throughout this 13 week journey, I was able to learn and improve on my writing and communication skills especially with the guidance of Professor Brad. I feel that throughout this course I was able to effectively express myself and articulate my thoughts better. I was able to pick up skills that I had not learned and had almost no prior knowledge of such as technical writing, summarisation and citation skills. Prior to this effective communication class I lacked confidence and was able to improve my confidence through the pitches and presentations. I appreciated that Professor Brad gave us constant opportunities to try and learn from each other's mistakes through the peer reviews and pitches that we gave to our classmates. I also tried to learn more on the way others write their summaries and reports. During the lessons I challenged myself to reach out to others. For example, in the first assignment, I seeked out and started conversations with others. As it was the first trimester of my university life I wanted to make new friends and get to know my classmates better. Moreover, I am very grateful for this opportunity to brush up my communication skills and learn more during the effective communication classes eventually, applying these skills for my future presentations, reports and internships. 



Project Learning:


One major event that happened during my project was when we had to suddenly change our proposed idea. My team and I went into this pitch not prepared and our foundation of our idea was not strong. We decided to scrap the idea and research for another idea on the spot. At first we were at a loss and had no idea of how to continue. We as a team felt that we shouldn't let this incident affect us and we proceeded to scour the internet looking for ideas for our proposed idea. During that process, we were able to work together to find a solution together. We also helped each other with each others' parts and gave feedback in our technical reports by leaving comments and recommendations for each other. I realised that when working in a team it is important to have good communication between the members and have the same end goal in mind. We went into this report with a similar mindset of wanting to help each other and do well for our project. By giving each other feedback we were able to spot each other's mistakes and learned from them together. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Formal Letter (Descriptive Reflection)

Annotated Summary

Assignment 2: Preventing 'Bus Bunching' with Smart Phone Application Implementation - Revised